Geology and Mine Engineering Faculty
Introduction of Geology and Mine Engineering Faculty:
The Geology and Mine Engineering Faculty was established in Ghazni Technical University in 2014, and is having four departments i.e. Geology and Mine Engineering, Electrical Power Engineering, Energy Engineering and Civil Engineering. Educational Curriculum for the Engineering Departments has been established in close co-ordination with the world class standard universities as follows:
The Geology and Mine Engineering’s educational curriculum is established in close coordination with Kabul Polytechnic University. The Electrical Power Engineering department’s educational curriculum is established in close coordination with the Kabul Polytechnic University, The Energy Engineering’s educational curriculum is established in close coordination with Kabul University. The Civil Engineering’s educational curriculum is established in close coordination with Kabul University. The Ghazni Technical University Energy Engineering and Civil Engineering Dept. Ninety-five percent of books, instructional material and assignments are in English Language, and currently, 30 female students alike 1070 male students, in total 1100 students have been studying in the particular departments run by 22 permanent lecturers.
Geology and Mine Engineering faculty will be a leading institution in graduation of will-known engineers, conducting advance researches and services.
Geology and Mine Engineering Faculty Strives to achieve its Mission by enhancing its lecturers’ capacity, applying standard curriculum, using and its laboratory, and library with coordination of other sectorial departments
- Respecting to entire Islamic and Afghan rules and holy beings.
- Respecting to Afghan Government and Constitution.
- Respecting to humanity and avoiding every kind of harassment.
- Committed to its responsibility and society.
- Strong commitment to rebuild the country and avoid every kind of corruption
- Energy Engineering Laboratory
- Library and research center
- Access to Informational sources and internet
- New Text Books
- Usage of Practical surveys in a wide area (Practicing of the survey in various fields)
Dean Introduction of Geology and Mine Engineering Faculty:
Teaching Assistant Asadullah Shakir, son of Abdul Khaliq was born in the Qarabagh district of Ghazni Province. He has obtained his bachelor of engineering degree in Geology and Mine engineering from Polytechnic University, Afghanistan in 1386 and his master of engineering degree in Geology and Mine from Polytechnic University, Afghanistan in 1395. He is a specialist of Engineering Geology, Engineering Geodesic. In addition to his role as the dean and lecturer, Mr. Shakir is an active researcher in his field of specialization. He is also a member of variety of institutional committees.
Introduction to Energy Engineering Department:
Due to lots of opportunities and energy-related problems in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) established Energy Engineering Department in the framework of the Geology and Mine Engineering Faculty of Ghazni Technical University in 2019. The students from all over the country are trained in this department. The curriculum of the department mainly focuses on the:
- Solar Thermal Energy
- Solar Photovoltaic
- Wind Energy
- Biomass Energy
- Thermal Power Plant
- Combustion Technologies and Materials
- Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Energy Conversion
- Energy and Environment
- Building Heating and Cooling
- Electrical Systems of Buildings
- Energy Efficiency
Currently, Energy Engineering has Four lecturers, the department plans to hire other eligible master lecturers also in the near future. Fortunately, the presences of a lot of energy recourses in Afghanistan make it possible for our graduates to have jobs and a leading role in the implementation of almost all energy related projects in the country. The graduates of this department are capable to eliminate almost every energy related problem.
Training skilled professionals in the field of energy who can meet the standards of the region at the country and offering them to the society for service.
Approaching our vision by the help of new energy related technologies and effective educational and research methods.
- Offering skilled engineers to the society equipped with Islamic and national values in the field of energy.
- Solving energy related difficulties of the society through conducting researches and offering services.
- Investigating best utilization of the available national energy resources for economy development of the country.
- Accepted national and international quality.
- Respect of Islamic and Afghan sanctities.
- Islamic and human morality and moral of service and patriotism.
- Transparency and prevention of corruption.
Head of the Department Message
Due to years of war and conflict in Afghanistan, all energy and other infrastructures are hugely damaged. By looking at today’s energy needs of our society, these energy infrastructures need fundamental work and technical human resources. On the other hand, we have lots of energy resources in the country. Based on these problems and opportunities, the Energy Engineering Department was established in the framework of the Geology and Mine Engineering Faculty of Ghazni Technical University to graduate talented engineers equipped with Islamic and national values in the field of energy for our society. With the help of our respected expert lecturers, the department struggles to be one of the leading energy engineering departments in the region. We hope that our graduates from all over the country will serve the people in the energy-related sectors to enhance the academic and economical situation of the country. On behalf of all Energy Engineering Department respected lecturers, I most welcome the students to this field of study.
Candidate Teaching. Asst. Zainullah Serat
Introduction to Electrical Power Engineering Department:
Information about Electrical Power Engineering Department:
Electrical Engineering Department is a specialized department in the field of electricity supply in the country, which was established under the name of "Electrical Engineering Department (Engineering Electricity)" in the year 1393 due to need of electrical engineers. From the year 1397, which was the first round of graduates of this department, until now, this department has been presenting experts in the field of electrical engineering to the community, who have successfully performed their professional duties in all areas of the national economy.
The Department of Electrical Engineering is a scientific-training center for obtaining expertise, research, and innovation skills at the country level. This department admits students through the entrance examination of the Ministry of Higher Education and trains them with the help of experienced teachers. The curriculum of this department is always reviewed and necessary changes are made in keeping with the achievements of contemporary science and technology and according to the current needs of the labor market.
In addition to theoretical lessons, practical lessons and fieldwork are also considered in the curriculum of this department. Efforts are being made to rehabilitate and equip the laboratories and this department is taking practical measures with the help of the university administration and considering the existing possibilities Students in this department study various related subjects in the course of their studies. Graduates of this department are in the field of power generation, transmission and distribution management, power generation, power transmission lines, and power distribution network design and production process automation. He has the ability to perform specialized tasks on a regular basis and can also carry out research work in these fields.
The mission of Electrical Power Engineering
• To create a healthy academic environment with respect to Islamic laws and in light of the applicable laws, regulations, laws, and procedures of the country.
• Providing high-quality education in electrical engineering
• Training of experts in the power supply sector with high quality at bachelor's level according to national and international requirements.
• Contemporaneous and modernizing teaching methods, vocabulary, and teaching materials according to national and international standards.
• Train students to achieve professional leadership and lifelong learning
• Providing high-quality theoretical, experimental, and training and production practices as well as providing opportunities for participation in research, apprenticeships, international studies and job creation.
The vision of Electrical Power Engineering
The creation of a professional department for the training of electrical engineering personnel at the national level, if the graduates are loyal to the national and Islamic interests and equipped with the knowledge, according to the demands and demands of the labor market at the national and international level.
Goals of Electrical Power Engineering
• Trained professionals will have a bachelor's degree in engineering with a spirit of loyalty to national, Islamic, humane, and professional values.
• Trained experts who not only have the necessary technical and professional knowledge in the fields of energy production, transmission, and distribution but also acquire the necessary analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, they will be able to play a prominent role in different fields and sectors. Engineers are electrified
• Trained professional staff who can be effective members of a team and have excellent oral and written communication skills, art management, and leadership.
• Creation of opportunities for postgraduate academic staff such as masters and doctorates
• If conditions are provided, holding short-term capacity development courses (for employees of ministries, institutions, and affiliated companies)
Message from the head of the Electrical Power Engineering department:
Due to years of war and conflict in Afghanistan, all Electrical Transmission and others are hugely damaged. By looking at today’s electrical needs of our society, these electrical Based on these problems and opportunities, the Electrical Power Engineering Department was established in the framework of the Geology and Mine Engineering Faculty of Ghazni Technical University to graduate talented engineers equipped with Islamic and national values in the field of electrical power for our society. With the help of our respected expert lecturers, the department struggles to be one of the leading electrical power engineering departments in the region. We hope that our graduates from all over the country will serve the people in the electrical-related sectors to enhance the academic and economical situation of the country. On behalf of all Electrical Power Engineering Department respected lecturers, I most welcome the students to this field of study.
With regards: Teaching Assistant Dost Muhammad Sarwari